What kinds of information do we collect?
We may collect the following kinds of information from you:
When do we collect information?
- contact information, such as full name, telephone number, email address, nationality, place of residence and any other contact information;
- the content of all communications on or through the Services;
- user communications, feedback, suggestions and ideas sent to us or any other information that you provide to us when you engage us for support regarding the Services;
- any other information you choose to upload or provide to us directly through the Services.
We collect information from you when you register to our services, make a purchase on our services, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, fill out a form on our site, surf the website, or use certain other site features.
Collection of Other Data
“Other Data” are data that generally do not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an individual. To the extent Other Data reveal your specific identity or relate to an individual, we will treat Other Data as Personal Data. Other Data include:
How we collect Other Data
- Browser and device data
- App usage data
- Data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic data and other data provided by you
- Aggregated data
We collect Other Data in a variety of ways:
Your browser or device. We collect certain data through your browser or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this data to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
Your use of the Apps. We collect certain data when you download and use an App, such as App usage data, the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what data and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
Cookies. Learn more about NEXT Academy Cookies Policy here.
How do we use the information we collect?
NEXT Academy will use the information that we collect to provide, develop and improve the Services. Examples of such use include:
How is this information shared?
- communicating with users regarding their use of the Services;
- enhancing and promoting the security, integrity and safety of the Services for you and other users;
- operating, maintaining and improving the systems and infrastructure that provide the Services. For example, we may use crash logs from your use of the Services to identify and fix bugs that may also be present in the Services;
- developing new tools, products or services that we may introduce which may develop and enrich your experience over time;
- sending you marketing communications, communicating with you about our Services and letting you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us;
- conducting data and system analytics, including research to improve the Services.
We do not share any of your information that we collect, unless in the following circumstances:
Legal requests. We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests when we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the GDPR?
Aggregate or de-identified data. We may also disclose information that has been aggregated or that otherwise does not personally identify you to third parties and affiliates who may, amongst other purposes, use it for analytics, trends and analysis to improve and provide our products and services and the products and services provided by NEXT Academy.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your data, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your data. This includes:
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
- where you have agreed to direct marketing, the right to object to our processing of your data for that purpose, which you can exercise by using the "unsubscribe" link in such marketing communications; and
- the right to object to our processing of your data where we are pursuing our legitimate interests which you can exercise by requesting us to delete your account and details at any time.
How to contact NEXT Academy with questions
Last Edited on 2015-08-27