CREATE FULL STACK WEB APPS WITH PYTHON
6-Week, Full-Time, In-Person, Intensive Bootcamp
Learn how to build full-stack web apps such as AirBnB.com, Facebook.com, Amazon.com by combining your frontend and backend skills with Python, Flask & SQL and prepare for a whole sea of possibilities to build solutions that can transform communities and industries.
Reinvent Your Future with Code
Technology is transforming our world. The fourth Industrial Revolution (IR4.0) is coming and experts predicted that 40% of the jobs would be replaced by 2025. Coding will be the fundamental skill you need.
This 6-week, intensive Quantum Degree is the final module that enables you to build full stack web apps after you have learned how to build frontend websites and web apps. Graduate with the ability to think like a programmer and be able to easily learn any new language or framework.
Full-stack Web Developer, Dev Ops Engineer, Software Engineer
These are things our past graduates pursued
Hop on the entrepreneur's journey
Join exciting new technology companies
Become remote freelance web developers
What You'll Learn
- Learn fundamental programming concepts such as variables, functions, and datatypes using Python (You should have already learned this in the previous modules under a different programming language). This week is crucial to set foundation for the remaining weeks.
- Learn important concepts in programming such as Object-oriented programming as well as encapsulation. You will learn by writing algorithms to solve fairly difficult problems.
- Learn how to design relational database schemes, write SQL queries to create, read, update and delete data from a database. Databases are prevalent everywhere from startups to global multinational companies. This skill is useful for many careers including business analyst, software developers, data scientist and much more.
- Learn how to build web applications by building a clone of Instagram
- Learn to implement most of the features you need to build any web applications such as:
- Implementing forms backed by databases and performing password encryption
- Managing browser cookies for user log in and log out; and allowing users to log-in via Google using the OAuth2 protocol
- Uploading images to Amazon S3
- Collecting payments with credit cards
- Performing background jobs for speedy user experiences
- Working with external RESTFUL APIs
- Managing environment variables for security and implementing CSRF protection to prevent basic hacking
- Designing a good maintainable software architecture and building complex data relationships with relational databases and performing speedy complex database queries
- Learn to prepare your application for production use by properly securing it, optimizing your asset files for production through minification and concatenation, as well as provisioning infrastructure dependencies for your production application.
- Learn how to build robust applications by practising how to write code to test your application’s functions.
- Learn how to build APIs to allow other applications and developers to work with your application programmatically.
- Deploy a full-stack and Restful API application to the cloud for anyone in the world to use!
- You will be working in teams to ideate, build and deploy a full fledged functioning web app with features you have learned during the course as well as new features beyond the course curriculum
- Your team will present your app to people who are excited to know what technology can do to change the world and make lives more convenient
Interested to know more?
What can you Expect From NEXT Academy?
You might be wondering how is learning at NEXT Academy different? Watch this video to find out!
*Applicable to Malaysian Maybank Credit Card holders.
** We accept payments via Cryptocurrency.
For companies who wish to make HRDF claims, please submit your application to HRDF at least 3 weeks prior to the course start date to ensure successful approval by HRDF
- Classes in English
- 6 weeks / 240 hours
- Full-Time In-Person: 9:30am – 6:30pm, Mon – Fri
- Good problem solving ability (please self-assess here)
- Good comprehension of English
- You should have your own laptop
- Willing to put in the hard work
A Certificate of Attendance and a report card of student’s progress are provided. Students must achieve 98% attendance to be eligible for the cert.
73A, Jalan SS20/11, Damansara Kim,
47400, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
*RESULTS DISCLAIMER: Results may vary between individuals depending on how much hard work you put in. It is an intensive bootcamp experience and students are expected to give their 110% to complete the challenges if they wish to achieve their goals to become a competent coder.
Looking for a future intake?
Still thinking? 🧐
👉 Not sure if this is for you?
Start off with our Frontend Web Development course instead. Pace yourself and have a feel if you need more time to learn and practice.
👉 Is there something more comprehensive?
Or, if you would like to, join our Full Stack Web Development course (10-weeks) which includes Frontend, Reactjs and Backend development!
Web Apps Our Students Built
With the power to code, you can now design and build your own websites.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our graduates either start their own companies or work at some of the most exciting venture-backed startups. Some preferred to freelance and maintain the freedom to choose what they work on without committing to one single thing for a longer period of time. As a software developer, there’s always something new to learn – either a new technology, a new way of doing things or just a new feature that you’ve never implemented before.
Unlike other courses that teaches you specific technology (making you only as good as what you learn from the course), NEXT Academy’s Web Development Bootcamp was designed such that you would have learned all the right fundamentals to be able to build and learn anything new without dependence on anyone else.
Software Developers in general are extremely in demand all over the world. There is currently a huge shortage of skilled software developers and this will continue for decades to come. Not just that, the rise of new jobs require some level of coding as well – e.g. data science, machine learning, A.I.
The shortage is caused by 2 reasons. One being fewer university students pursuing studies in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. The second and more important reason is how technology is being used to disrupt all industries from agriculture to transportation to retail. NEXT Academy has links with many technology startups across the region and will attempt to connect our talented graduates with the best startups.
Yes and no.
Starting a company is hard. This is not a discouragement of entrepreneurship but a mere disclosure of the harsh reality of starting up. You will definitely be able to build your own MVP and save time and hundreds of thousands of dollars in hiring a freelance developer to build something for you. The skills you learn at NEXT Academy will also help you in hiring people you want to work with. And most importantly, at NEXT Academy, you will meet some of the brightest and most passionate individuals that you can collaborate with or hire.
Software development is one of the best skills to have if you wish to work remotely. There are many jobs out there that permits software developers to work remotely. However, you will find it much easier to find a remote job after a few years of experience. There are certain cases where our graduates were able to find a consistent stream of freelance jobs that allowed them to work from home.
Assuming you are committed and you work hard during your time at NEXT Academy, yes, you certainly can. However, we advise our graduates to be honest about their level of expertise. There will be clients who are willing to hire juniors and will be more understanding. The last thing you want as a freelancer is a mismatch of expectations. But worry not, as a freelancer, you’ll be forced to learn so fast that you will be pretty senior in a short period of time.
The salary rate for Software Developers in Malaysia depends on the industry and kind of company you are in. Traditional companies typically pay much lower. However, after our program, if you choose to work in a startup as a junior software developer, you can expect around 30% above traditional market salary rates. It’s trickier to estimate if you have had prior working experience in a non-related field. In cases like this, it depends on the discussion between you and your potential employer.
Meet Our Graduates
Our graduates join us from all walks of life, find out what they have to say about us!
Engineer to Full-stack coder
Entrepreneur & Full-stack Coder
Restaurateur to Full-stack Coder
Ready to be a Full Stack Developer?
It’s time to transform your app idea into reality.