Learning to code is going to be an exciting journey. We won’t promise you that it is going to be easy, but we will be there for you when you are facing obstacles. Just see this as a fitness bootcamp but for your brains!
The fitness trainers can’t do the hard work of exercising for you, you have to do it yourself. The trainers are here to guide you, alert you when you do things wrongly, push you and encourage you through those obstacles. Our coding bootcamps does the same.
Be it the full time or part time course, you would have to put in effort to gain the skill that would give you the ability to create amazing things.
For now, the more you prepare yourself, the better it will be!
You will need to install a code editor so that you can edit your code in a more effective manner.
- Install VSCode beforehand – It’s free
Make sure you install an appropriate browser, we prefer Google Chrome.
- Please install Google Chrome beforehand
HTML + CSS Basics
- ⏰Time: 30 mins
- This is the coding tutorial for you to follow.
- This is the code base you would need to do the tutorial: https://codepen.io/NEXTMentors/pen/RwwBKGw
- If you like this, click on the share button at the end of the slides!
- ⏰Time: 2 hours
- 2.4 Variables
- 2.5 Data Types
Frontend Web Development with ReactJS
The course: Full-time in person with React
You will build a simple clicker app through the following CodePen, complete the challenges and exercises. You may need to go off and do your own research into React and how it works in order to complete the exercises.
- ⏰Time: 1.5-2 hours
- Use the React documentation to aid you in the challenges, the link can be found below
- React Documentation: https://reactjs.org/
- Complete the challenge at the CodePen found here: https://codepen.io/NEXTMentors/pen/KKKBWqJ
It will be very beneficial to your learning experience if you can complete the work before starting the bootcamp. Good Luck!
Python for Backend Web Development
The course: Full-time in person with Python
- ⏰Time: 6 hours
- Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-_T0idIbV-PEQ6aDzU_S_UvCk_h_evgd
- Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-_T0idIbV-Nndl2fOIxT4ZMEyaZztwIq
- This is NEXT Academy’s Python prepwork for you to practice and play around with the codes.
Useful Skills To Help You Code Better & Faster
Type code (fast)
- Let’s head to Typing Test to find out!